Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Goodbye Semester!

I am ready for this semester to be over. Even though I have enjoyed it, I am ready for a break. My favorite part of this semester would have to be my Media Writing class. I have learned so much through this course. I have even found my major by taking this class.

For those who don't know I am now a Journalism major here at Weber State. I have been struggling to find a major for the past two years. I originally was going into Nursing when I started at Weber. I had taken my CNA course and I was set on becoming a Surgical Registered Nurse.

I started taking science classes like Microbiology, Nutrition, and Psychology. I was ready to take on this major. But while I was taking the courses, I realized how much I didn't know about science. I kept on trying to convince myself but it just wasn't working.

Finally, last year, I took Biomed and I finally realized that Nursing was not the career for me. At this point I felt lost because I had no goal in mind. Last semester, I started to take an interest in some of the Communication courses I had been taking. So, after taking this Media Writing course, it has finally put me on the right path. I know I have a lot of work to do, but I will do my best and make it to the end.


For those who are going into the health profession, specifically Nursing, I would highly recommend the DATC (Davis Applied Technology College). Here is a link to their website.www.datc.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment