Monday, December 3, 2012

Finals, Finally!

Welcome to the week that every College student looks forward to...Finals Week! Its the week where everyone crams in three months of homework along with several other classes. Whether it be writing a 10 page essay or a comprehensive exam to complete the classes. For those of you who need tips on how

This semester has been one of my favorites. But the biggest challenge was when my husband had surgery in the middle of the semester. We found out he had a stricture in his urethra which caused him to have a hard time going to the bathroom.

On October 1, we arrived at Mckay-Dee Hospital where we had to sit in a waiting room for about 2 hours. Trenton was in a good mood and was pretty laid back. I was anxious and just wanted to be over with. My mother arrived to join me as I waited.
Trenton right before he went in for surgery

For a good 3 hours I waited for him to come out of surgery. My mom took me out to eat so I could get my mind off it for a while. They said it would take 2 hours but when we they finally finished, the Doctor told us they had a hard time getting one of the tubes in him which took an extra 30 minutes. I was just glad that everything was ok. I was so nervous to see him when he came out of surgery. When I saw him, he was on one of the hospital beds and he was yellow. The nurse asked me if that was his normal skin color and I said no. 
The aftermath of the surgery
We were told he had to stay overnight because he needed to recover. Trenton was not too happy about that because he thought the recovery was going to be quick and easy. That whole night nurses kept on coming in every two hours. Luckily, my family brought movies and snacks for us so we could remain entertained. Trenton's family came as well to visit. It was a long night, but we were able to leave the next day. 
I am grateful his recovery from this adventure was better than expected.


Trenton in the recovery room enjoying his jello

For those who don't know how to get through finals week, here is a fun survival kit for the week. Happy studying! http://www.collegefashion.net/college-life/your-finals-week-survival-kit-11-essentials-for-test-time/

No comments:

Post a Comment