Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Wedding Bells are Ringing!"

Its the most wonderful time of the year, but that doesn't just include Christmas. As the Fall Semester comes to a close, girls who had been proposed to during the semester are putting on their wedding dresses and are preparing to exchange vows to the man of their dreams.
Trenton and I coming out of the Salt Lake Temple as Mr. and Mrs. Jones

I personally know what its like to get ready for a wedding during the whole semester. Last semester, along with projects and essays I was picking out my dress and flowers and when I was studying for my finals I was putting the final touches for my wedding day. But through it all, it still came out perfect in the end.
Us walking away from the Salt Lake Temple

I will never forget how I felt that day on April 27, 2012. It was very windy but I didn't care, I was happy. Trenton was a good sport through it all even though he didn't care if we had a reception or not. He was just happy that his best friend wanted to marry him. 

I go crazy whenever I find out a person I know is getting married. Most of the time I find out through Facebook. For instance, my best friend since I was 12 is getting married next week in the LDS Bountiful Temple. For me this really means a lot to me. I remember when we used to talk about how weird boys were. In fact, boys were the main topics we would discuss. Even after I got married we still stayed in touch. SHe mentioned to me she had been dating around and she met this guy at a dance. She wasn't sure about him because she didn't find him attractive. I told her to give him a chance because I remember I didn't find Trenton attractive at first. Now she is getting married to the same guy. I am happy that she has found someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment